Is Calvary holding inside worship services?
Yes! The Sunday Service begins at 10:30 AM. Our services are also live streamed through our YouTube channel, Facebook, and Twitter. Up-to-date information will be on our "Home" page.
Who might watch the live streamed service from home?
We understand that some people may be hesitant to attend a live service but at the same time long to be together. During this unique time we recognize that re-gathering for worship, though our ultimate desire, will be a gradual process. Given the ongoing increase in Covid rates as well as Governor Wolf's most recent mitigation guidelines, we do urge that you use utmost care and discretion with regard to whether or not you should attend public worship.
Do I need a mask?
Your elders believe that wearing face coverings is a good way for us to love one another and our community in this time. Therefore, we request everyone age 3 and older to wear a face covering while inside the church buildings and also when walking around among others outside.
Will social distancing be in effect?
Yes, every other pew is marked to be left vacant. We ask that individuals and families space themselves at least 6 feet from each other, more if desired.
Will I be able to fellowship with others following the service?
We encourage you to fellowship with one another outside, before and/or after each service. As you are walking around and talking with people, we ask that you wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth.
Is childcare provided?
There will be no child care or children’s worship offered at this time. Parents coming with young children are asked to make every effort to keep their children with them at all times.
What precautions is Calvary taking?
Calvary is incorporating various CDC guidelines, some specifics are as follows:
- The building will be cleaned and disinfected prior to each use.
- We ask everyone to review and abide by the CDC guidelines for personal hygiene. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
- Nothing will be handed out before or during the service.
- Bulletins will be spread out on a table to be picked up, and they will include all the Scriptures passages and hymns or songs.
- Elements for Communion will be pre-packaged.
- Bathrooms will be available, but we ask that you and your children use your bathrooms at home prior to coming to reduce the need for church bathrooms.
What about small group gatherings?
Some groups are gathering inside the education building, maintaining distance and wearing face coverings. Currently, per Gov. Wolf's direction, small groups are limited to 10 people until January 4.
Is the Calvary Youth Group meeting in person?
As we are able, we are meeting in person Sunday afternoons 4:00 - 5:30 pm. Sometimes we need to meet via Zoom. Please contact Pastor Angel Gomez firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
When we do meet in person, here are the guidelines:
- Please stay home if you are particularly at risk, or if you are showing any signs of sickness whatsoever.
- Since these are going to be outdoor activities which may involve some jumping and running we will not be asking that all the participants wear their masks during the outside activities. When we meet inside, masks will be required and provided, if needed.
- Bathrooms will be available, but we ask that they be used only if absolutely needed.
- We ask that each student bring their own water. Water fountains will be off limits.
- If there are any questions that are not answered above or if you should have any concerns about these guidelines, please contact your assigned Elder or contact us at the church office.