Is Calvary holding inside worship services?
Yes! Beginning October 4, our worship services we be inside our Sanctuary. The service begins at 10:30 AM. Our services will be recorded and then put on our website. Up-to-date information will be on our "Home" page.
Who might continue watching the recorded service from home?
We understand that some people may be hesitant to attend a live service but at the same time long to be together. During this unique time we recognize that re-gathering for worship, though our ultimate desire, will be a gradual process. Our live services will be recorded and placed on our website for the use of those at home.
Do I need a mask?
Your elders believe that wearing face coverings is a good way for us to love one another and our community in this time. Therefore, we request everyone age 3 and older to wear a face covering while inside the church buildings and also when walking around among others before and after the outside service.
Will social distancing be in effect?
Yes, every other pew is marked to be left vacant. We ask that individuals and families space themselves at least 6 feet from each other, more if desired.
Will I be able to fellowship with others following the service?
We encourage you to fellowship with one another outside, before and/or after each service. As you are walking around and talking with people, we ask that you wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth.
Is childcare provided?
There will be no child care or children’s worship offered at this time. Parents coming with young children are asked to make every effort to keep their children with them at all times.
What precautions is Calvary taking?
Calvary is incorporating various CDC guidelines, some specifics are as follows:
- The building will be cleaned and disinfected prior to each use.
- We ask everyone to review and abide by the CDC guidelines for personal hygiene. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
- Nothing will be handed out before or during the service.
- Bulletins will be spread out on a table to be picked up, and they will include all the Scriptures passages and hymns or songs.
- Elements for Communion will be pre-packaged.
- Bathrooms will be available, but we ask that you and your children use your bathrooms at home prior to coming to reduce the need for church bathrooms.
What about small group gatherings?
Some groups have already begun to gather either outside by the picnic tables or inside the large Fellowship Hall where social distancing is easy. If you would like to join or rejoin any of these groups, please contact the group leader or call the church office for information about the different groups that are gathering. (Church office: 215-659-0554)
Is the Calvary Youth Group meeting in person?
Yes! The youth group is meeting outside and in-person Sunday afternoons from 4:00 - 5:30 pm. Below are a series of guidelines which are in line with both the CDC’s and Pennylvannia’s guideline for outdoor youth activities.
- Please stay home if you are particularly at risk, or if you are showing any signs of sickness whatsoever.
- Since these are going to be outdoor activities which may involve some jumping and running we will not be asking that all the participants wear their masks during the activities.
- Bathrooms will be available, but we ask that they be used only if absolutely needed.
- We ask that each student bring their own water. Water fountains will be off limits.
- If there are any questions that are not answered above or if you should have any concerns about these guidelines, please contact your assigned Elder or contact us at the church office.